A Better Query Tool Than jQuery?

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:23 PM
I take it this can run in the browser (Firefox, Opera, etc).

Is it inherently extensible like jQuery is? jQuery's extensibility seems to be more of a service than a feature since Javascript objects are all extensible; is there a home page for JSLINQ where jQuery-like extensions can be featured?

For that matter, what about appending jQuery object with JSLINQ's object definition so that jQuery extensions "just work" with JSLINQ? :D
Jan 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM
JSLINQ is a really interesting idea, by the way.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2008 at 3:24 AM
If you have any ideas for functionality for JSLINQ, feel free to submit them to the Issue Tracker; along with any code demonstrating them. And, if they make sense for the scope of this project, I'll incorporate them into the project.

Currently, CodePlex is the only home page for this project, I'm thinking about creating a site dedicated to it. It is a great idea to create a section where others can post JSLINQ Extensions. I just created an Extensions tag in the Discussion forums, so just post any code for Extensions there for the time being. If it becomes popular enough with people posting their own JSLINQ extensions I'll create an Extensions section on the projects website, once I create it.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I just added (in v2.10) a plugin model to JSLINQ that is similar to JQuery via adding methods to "JSLINQ.fn". If you are interested in adding your own plugins to JSLINQ, there is a simple example located within the release download.